So I finally booked the hotel rooms for our mini-vacation in November. About 7 girlfriends are meeting up here in the boonies and we're heading into the city for the weekend. I'm thinking more than a little trouble will be caused... no comment besides that though. Just history repeating itself. ;-)
I waited too long to book the rooms, and so couldn't get the hotel I really wanted. But we're still less than a quarter mile from the downtown bars, clubs, and shopping. I really can't wait. It's been over 3 months since I've seen most of these girls, and they really are like sisters to me. It's amazing how much we've all changed over the past more-or-less 15 years of knowing each other, but we're still close. To look at our little group you'd probably think, "how are these people all friends?" Sometimes we even ask ourselves that, but that's how family works right? A friend of mine has her AOL away message as a quote by Henry De Montherlant..."We like someone because. We love someone although." I think that fits all of us perfectly.
Friday, October 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment