Sunday, May 15, 2005

Aloha

What a fun day!

I really overslept this morning (by about 3 hours). Oops! But I made it in time to go to the Mall of America for a bit with Leigh before her Bridal Shower. The Shower itself was a Hawaiian theme. So fun! It really helped pick up moods due to the rainy weather. Her family and friends were so fun. It's really cool to meet people's families, so fun to notice similar or different personalities, and put names with faces. Thanks to Steph for taking the duty phone, we also got to go out to dinner with Matt's family. They're also wonderful people...and I totally see where he gets his sense of humor from. :-)

As much as I whine and am really not one for family parties, today really made me miss it. Everybody's family has issues, but it's still nice to be with them. Even though they weren't my family, it was really nice to spend a day with somebody's. It put living on campus (and in my opinion too far from my family) into perspective. Thank you guys for making me feel like part of your families for the day.

No comments: