Monday, July 18, 2005

Vacation!!!

Wow. What a trip. All I did was drive 5 hours South, but it felt like I was across the world.

I finally broke down and bought a new vehicle. I love it!!! Then was Megan's Wedding. Of course, it was beautiful, and I wish them both the best. I can't wait to go out to Boston to visit their new home. After that we had a family BBQ on Sunday. Those of you who've known me for a while probably know that I'm not big on extended family functions. I'm not really sure why, I love the people dearly, but I'm just not usually comfortable at family parties. This one, for the first time though, was totally comfortable. It felt great. Then Monday through Thursday I got to hang out with friends that I so dearly have been missing. Lunch here, dinner there, drinks here, a "torture-filled" speed run there, it was great. It's wierd...please slap me if I ever again claim I have no social life. It may be limited to a few awesome people up North at times, but I need to make more of an effort to keep in touch with the people I miss and love from my other home, and life.

Thursday night I got to catch up with some legendary guys...The Legends. My dad and brother play 16" softball. It's been the same team for almost 40 years. Those guys are friends, "uncles", bullshitters, baseball guys. I love 'em! After that, I drove up to Lake Geneva to bond with the college crew. Talk about family. Wow. That gang is amazing. We ate a lot, drank a lot, played a lot, laughed a lot, talked a lot, shared a lot, and even slept a little. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I needed this weekend. You guys and gals are the BEST.

Now I'm back in the North land. Believe it or not, I did miss it here. It's still might take a bit to get back into the swing of things though. Tomorrow will be a day of catch up...office work, meetings, drama. You know, the usual. :-) And of course...Volleyball tomorrow night! Only 4 weeks left in the season! Go team!!!!

No comments: